Monday, September 15, 2014

"Daddy I Want"

Hahaha okay no, i didn't really say that, but i did convey the same message.


This was almost 2 years back.
I remember seeing the perfume online, and falling in love with the bottle.
At that point of time, i was clueless on perfumes, and hadn't seen any other perfume bottle apart from my previous post's Dream Angels Desire by VS.
I was captivated. What can I say? Desire had a relatively plain Jane flacon.

I believe it took me less than 2 weeks to acquire my bottle. *laughs* Silly me.
I can still recall that evening ;
My family and I were at Singapore's International Airport, Changi Airport, for dinner and some shopping.
(Shops at the international airport here offers tax-free prices)
After dinner, i dragged my dad (my mom followed, naturally), into the perfumery, and started sniffing perfumes. I didn't like any, except for this.

Juicy Couture ; Viva la Juicy - La Fleur

Top Notes: Wild Berries, Mandarin, Water Lily
Middle Notes: Honeysuckle, Gardenia Petals, Soft Jasmine
Base Notes: Vanilla, Caramel, Sandalwood

I was still after the gorgeous bottle, mostly, but i did enjoy the scent.
It was sweet smelling and uplifting, and my 16 year old nose loved it.
My dad agreed it smelled alright (in his words), and i pestered him to buy it for me.

He did.

I was this overjoyed kid. I loved it.
If i didn't recall a wayward figure it was $91 (Singapore Dollars) for my 75ml bottle.
I was pretty sparing with it's use and after every spritz i would keep the beautiful vial of flower liquid back in it's pretty pink box.
This went on till i got too lazy to take it out to use, and ended up only using it for lavish occasions, which wasn't too often.

I didn't quite understand "daily scent" back then.
Till today the bottle is still 95% full.

Now, i find it a tad too sweet for my tastes, and i haven't spritzed it since i acquired my newer perfumes.
More on them in the next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment