Friday, September 12, 2014

My Very First Perfume ;


It was my mother's.
A gift from her boss, if i do recall.
My mom never liked perfumes, and she dolled up lavishly only for posh occasions.

I first queried about it when i was 15, and she happily chucked it into my surprised arms.


Victoria's Secret ; Dream Angels - Desire
(discontinued)
Top Notes: Freesia, Magnolia, Ivy
Middle Notes: Yellow Plum, Pink Peony, Frangipani
Base Notes: Angelica, Woody Notes, White Musk

I must say, the first whiff was rather unbearable for me. 
I detested the perfume when i was 15, i thought it to be way too strong.
Fast forward three years, and well, the initial blast still stings my nasal passage.
But a couple seconds later the scent evolves into something entirely different.
I can definitely smell the plum now, but unfortunately i'm not too apt at picking out most notes.
It simply smells fruity-floral to me, i guess.

It's a 75ml bottle, and is still half full.
I leave it amongst my collection for old time's sake, but although not a bad scent, it is far from topping my list.

My vial of Desire is quite an old one, and according to checkcosmetic.net, was manufactured 27 of January, 2006. 
Under my care, it hasn't gone bad on me yet.
I do hope i'll never have to experience a perfume turning on me.

I'm afraid that's all i have to share for this scent, as i have the least memories of it.
More to come in my future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment