Sunday, September 21, 2014

Round and round she spins .

My first self-purchased fragrance,
was an impulsive and blind online buy.

What can i say, it was quite a cheap score, so i jumped at the chance.
I landed myself a bottle of 50ml in relatively pristine condition, with about 75% left.
It came without it's box, poorly packaged in some grungy sandwich bag, but i wasn't one to complain.
I was enchanted by it's multi-faceted flacon and sweet smelling, pink sheen-ed nectar.
I thought it was beautiful.
I do enjoy it till today, and it has been quite a compliment winner.

Yves Saint Laurent - Babydoll

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Orange, Redcurrant, Rhubarb, Pineapple
Middle Notes: Rose, Freesia, Lily of the Valley, Heliotrope
Base Notes: Peach, Grenadine, Cedar Wood, Tonka, Vanilla

I've realized my kinda scents are mostly fruity-floral, sometimes with hints of rose, as this perfume is.

I've tried a sample of Rosewater by Crabtree and Evelyn though, and ohmygoodness i detested it with a passion.
My nose wrinkled at the scent and i had to go scrub it off immediately. Smelled hideous.
Perhaps rose as a softer note smells fine to me.

Baby doll begins fruity, evolves to floral, and finally goes citrus-y after being left on for awhile. 
And personally, i enjoy that citrus freshness that stays through the day. 
For an Eau de Toilette the longevity is remarkable. 
It's one of the few scents i'm keeping close to heart for now.

More next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment